1. The properties known as Orchard Cottage, Courtyard Cottage, Terrace Cottage and Park Cottage situated at Domaine Lavie are offered for holiday rental, subject to written confirmation, by Julie & Ian Dyckhoff (the Owners/we).
2. BOOKING & DEPOSIT: To reserve the Property, you can either contact the owner by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on +33 5 59 09 46 89. Your reservation will be held for 48 hours, allowing time for you to complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the non-refundable Deposit (20% of the total rent due). Full details of all members of the party (the Guests/you), including infants and children, must be provided on the booking form. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, confirmation will be sent by e-mail. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. RENTAL BALANCE: The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see Clause 4) is payable not less than six weeks before the start of the rental period. If the balance is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. You will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless we are able to re-let the Property. In this event Clause 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment of the rental cost and security deposit at the time of booking.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: A security deposit of £250 is payable with the rental balance. This is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit your liability to us. We will account to you for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 14 days of the end of the rental period.
5. CANCELLATION: If you cancel more than six weeks prior to the arrival date then the Deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than six weeks prior to the arrival date then the full balance remains due and is not refundable. However, if we are able to re-let the property then refunds of the amounts paid by you will be made after the deduction of any expenses or losses incurred in so doing. Guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance (see Clause 7).The booking will not be cancelled by us except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification of cancellation will be given as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for the rental period. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid to us for the rental of the cottage.
6. COVID-19: After the declaration of Covid-19 as a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation, any consequences of the virus, in particular when booking accommodation, are no longer viewed as unforeseen or unexpected events. By making a booking with us you accept there is a risk that your holiday may not go ahead and the following will apply: i) In the event of your inability or disinclination to travel to and stay at the Property, including the inability of any, some or all of your intended party, we will move your holiday, free of charge, to another date of your choosing, subject to availability. If the cost of the new holiday is more, the you will be liable for the full amount, however we can use our discretion in whether to apply all or some of this additional cost. No refund of the Deposit or Rental Balance will be offered. Reasons for inability or disinclination to travel include, but are not limited to, testing positive for Covid, a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding and transport/travel disruptions/cancellations as a result of advisory guidance/restrictions issued by your home country’s National or Local government regarding travel to France. Guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance (see Clause 7). ii) In the event that we are unable to provide your holiday due to forced closure, lockdown requirements, mandatory travel restrictions, border closures or compulsory quarantine on arrival in France imposed by French National or Local government then a full refund of monies paid by you to us will be offered, or your holiday will be moved, free of charge, to another date of your choosing, subject to availability. If the cost of the new holiday is more then you will be liable for the full amount.
7. HOLIDAY INSURANCE: You are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance, including cancellation and medical cover with clauses covering coronavirus/Covid-19 as this virus is no longer viewed as unforeseen circumstances. Cover for your personal belongings, public liability etc. should also be included since these are not covered by our insurance. Should you or any member of your party choose not to take out insurance then you accept responsibility for any loss arising from your cancellation.
8. OCCUPATION: Only the Guests listed on the booking form are entitled to occupy the Property. For insurance purposes, the maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the maximum advertised capacity of the cottage/s being rented, as follows: Terrace Cottage: maximum 2 (strictly no infants/children); Courtyard and Orchard Cottages: maximum 4 plus infant, and Park Cottage: maximum 6 plus infant. An infant is defined as a baby sleeping in a cot. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of these conditions.
9. UNREASONABLE BEHAVIOUR: We simply ask that you and your party respect other guests staying at Domaine Lavie and behave in a manner that does not interfere with the enjoyment of their holiday. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of you or any member of your party may impair the safety, health or comfort of other guests.
10. TAXE DE SEJOUR: As a classified tourist accommodation provider we required to collect Taxe de Séjour (Tourist Tax) which is payable by all guests over the age of 18. For Courtyard Cottage (rated 3*) the tariff is 0.90€ per person/per night and for Terrace, Orchard and Park Cottages (rated 4*) the rate is 1.50€ per person/per night. The Owner receives no benefit but is required to charge and collect this tax and remit the takings to the Communauté de Communes du Béarn des Gaves, which includes our Commune.Once the rental balance has been paid we will confirm the amount of Taxe de Séjour due and ask that you pay in cash euros on or before departure or, if you prefer or do not otherwise do so, we will deduct the amount due from your Security Deposit. The exchange rate conversion in this case will be 1€ = £1.
11. ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: Any additional expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. fuel in the winter months) should be settled locally with us before departure.
12. CHECK-IN / DEPARTURE TIMES: The rental period shall commence after 16h00 on the first day and finish by 10h00 on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be prepared for incoming guests.
13. CLEANING: Guests are responsible for leaving their cottage in the state in which they found it, i.e. clean and tidy. Guests agree to empty rubbish and recycling bins, strip beds and clean dirty dishes etc. In the event that significant extra cleaning is required to bring the Property back up to standard, a cleaning fee of 20€ per hour will be charged and deducted from the Security Deposit.
14. BREAKAGES & DAMAGE: The Owners should be notified immediately of any breakages/ damage so that replacement/repair can be arranged before the next incoming guests.
15. SMOKING: Smoking and vaping inside the property or around the pool area are strictly forbidden and will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. Any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking/vaping will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
16. TEMPORARY DEFECT OR MALFUNCTION: The Owner shall make every effort to ensure the correct functioning of equipment, machinery and appliances in the Property, grounds and swimming pool, but shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction. In the event of breakdown of equipment or appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool the Owner should be notified immediately and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. The Owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property or for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strike or other matters beyond our control.
17. PETS: Guests are not permitted to bring pets or other animals to the Property except by prior written agreement and are subject to the acceptance of additional terms & conditions. Any breach will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
18. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid to us for the rental of the Property.